How To > Tutorials > Create a Base Image >
Import a Base Image through Dropbox
You can bring in images from Dropbox to trace over in Arrette. To do so, follow the steps below. Note that you should only have to authenticate Dropbox the first time you use it with Arrette.
- Create a Dropbox account if you do not have one already and upload your PDF files to it on the web or using the Dropbox apps for iOS, Mac, PC, etc.
- Launch Arrette
- Tap the Base menu button
- Tap the Dropbox button in the New Base Image menu
- Authenticate to your Dropbox account (note: if you have both Arrette Scale and Arrette Sketch installed on your iPad, the iPad may get confused about which app is being authenticated)
- Navigate to your file in the Dropbox submenu in Arrette
- Complete the new base image steps of setting north, scale, origin, and name as normal, and tap Finish after you have given the base image a name
This procedure works for PDF, JPEG and PNG image files. When you're done, you'll have a new base image loaded into the Base Images menu and your current project will have the image loaded as the bottom-most layer. You can turn your base image off using the Base Image Off button in the Base Image menu.