How To > Tutorials > Start a Project >
Open an Arrette File from Dropbox
You open Arrette files (with the extension ".atdoc") directly from Dropbox. Note that this creates a new copy of the file on your iPad; you will not be changing the original file.
To open the file, follow the steps below.
- Open the Dropbox app and browse to the file you want to open.
- Select the file. Dropbox will tell you that it cannot show a preview of the file.
- At the top right of the screen is a button with a box and an arrow coming out of it pointed up. Tap that button. This will open a pop-up menu.
- In the pop-up menu, tap the "Open In..." button.
- This will open a list of apps. Simply tap the Arrette Scale or Arrette Sketch button to copy the file to your iPad and into Arrette.
You are now ready to browse to the file in the Arrette Project menu and begin your work.